Monday, June 22, 2009

Othcur Wuv

Running tonight, I was just about halfway around Greenlake, when I saw a familiar face. Brown eyes focused forward, short little legs clipping along, tongue hanging out just a little, nose twitching the air for good stink.

I raised my voice just enough to be heard as they approached, "Oscar!" His focus didn't break. "Oscar! Oscar!" He saw me, and his face softened as he pulled on his leash to get closer. Kiss kiss kiss kiss JUMP kiss kiss TWIRL kiss kiss TAIL WAGWAGWAG!! Oh so happy to see me. Oscar greets me like he hasn't seen me for years. Every time. I love his greeting. It is so sincere and heartfelt, since he is genuinely happy to see me. I know that I represent good adventures, time with his dog friends, trips to the park and walks around Greenlake. I also know that Oscar is my buddy and like any good pal, he is always happy to see his bestest friends.

I made small talk with his human, Ryan. And as our conversation wrapped up and I had to bend down to tie my shoe, I watched Oscar. He didn't want to leave. Ryan walked away, Oscar dragged toward me and then he would relent a couple steps and turn around. A couple steps and then walk in front of Ryan to turn around. Turn around. Turn around. Drag back. Turn around. He kept watching me, watch him. We kept locking eyes. He wanted to hang with his girl. I knew we'd see each other soon but my heart was so happy to see his loyalty and love.

As I started my run again, I smiled. My heart was just a little bit lighter with Oscar's Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment